How old were you when you realized you were a geek? Are you an out and proud geek or are you still in the closet? Think you're more of a dork than a geek? Do nerds really have more fun? What's the difference between Sci-Fi and SyFy? (Well, that's an easy one.)
We might not have all the answers, but we hope you have what it takes to win our Geekstravaganza 2009 Art Contest!
Geekstravaganza is a charity geekfest the Austin Browncoats host to raise money for a worthy cause while uniting Geeks, Nerds and Browncoats alike. Each Geekstravaganza, we invite a new musical act to regale us in song as we do our best Carlton dance. This year, we're honored to have Marian Call, a geek goddess, visiting our section of the 'verse.
We'll host an All-Geek Talent Show, All-Nerd Costume Contest and all Sci-Fi Trivia Bee. Winners get to bring home fabulous prizes and proudly let their geek banners fly!
This year, we'll even have some awesomely geeky (verging on a little too cool) demonstrations, but more on that at a later date.
Right now, I need you to get excited about our art contest. We need to find the geekiest, most fabulous big damn artist out there to help us create our t-shirt and website graphic for Geekstravaganza 2009. Your art will be featured on our t-shirts, website, as well as any promotional material we make for the event. Just think about it - you'll get to put your geeky stamp on our event and help us create a keepsake for a memorable night of charitable fun!
Of course, we have some guidelines. (I know, I know. Normally rules are boring, but fortunately, we're geeks and we can deal with a little structure!)
- Due April 15, 2009.
- Artwork must be geek themed.
- Artwork must be original.
- Remember, we're supporting charity. For ideas about themes you shouldn't include, check out the charities we support: http://www.austinbrowncoats.com/charities.php
- Vector format is recommended, with EPS (Encapsulated Postscript File - Vector Mode) being our most preferred method.
- Remember you're making a design that will need to translate to t-shirt printing, as well as website theme. Designs that can be rendered down to four color would be best.
- When in doubt, ask us a question instead of guessing: email@example.com.
But, but, but...what do you win for all of your hardwork? Fame and recognition, of course. You get to tell folks whose design reigned supreme! (Pretend that rhymed...) You might also win some autographed, geeky swag. Maybe. Just maybe. It's a definite maybe.
Think you have what it takes to make the best damn geeky graphic out there? We can't wait to see what you have to offer. And think, if you hang out with us at Geekstravaganza, you'll get to hear us tell everyone about how "the artistic force is strong with this one" and really - how can that get old?